Friday 20 June 2014

My favourite Artist

Hi! In this post I'll talk about my favourite artist, truly i don't have only one, but if I had to pick just one I would say Felix Maruenda.

He is a chilean sculptur. His full name is Felix Albor Maruenda Valencia. He was born in santiago on april 20, 1942. He studied sculpture at the School of Fine Arts at the University of Chile.

I know him since I was a child; my mom's couple showed me his work, his sculptures, which are by santiago. His work is generally creating abstract shapes combined with figurative elements reflecting an interest in the integration of the work and the architecture in which it is located.

He is dedicated to forging techniques using sheet metal of all kinds: aluminum sheets, iron scrap, barbed wire. But also he used reinforced plastic, tile, cement plaster and wood.


Its theme shows a strong commitment to social and political problems of the time of the Popular Unity and the post-1973 coup Chilean history. Their work is intended to record violations of human rights, through a message pain, reference to death, sacrifice and violence. Also he provided a great concern for nature, creating sculptures with environmental issues.





No comments:

Post a Comment